Thanksgiving is all about food, family, and fun! Here are some activities that are easy to do, fun for the kids, and won’t empty your wallet.
Build Your Own Turkey Centerpiece
You will need: colored construction paper, 1 toilet paper roll, scissors, tape and glue
- 2 brown 5-7 inch circles for the back of the turkey.
- A 4 inch circle for the turkey’s head.
- 1 small rectangle (1 x 2 inches) for the turkey’s neck.
- Out of the colored construction paper, brown, red and yellow feather shapes.
- Another brown rectangle large enough to fit around and cover the toilet paper.
- A small yellow triangle for the beak.
- Two small black circles for the eyes.
- On one of the large brown circles, glue assorted geathers in fan shape along the bottom. Glue the other brown circle on top so that the feather ends are between the two circles are the glue doesn’t show.
- Take the circles/feathers combination and glue to the end of the toilet paper roll so that the feathers are pointing up.
- Glue to small brown rectangle to the edge of the remaining small brown circle. This is the turkey’s head and neck. Glue the turkey’s neck to the other end of the toilet paper roll.
- Bend the yellow triangle so that it looks like a beak and glue to the turkey’s head.
- Glue eyes to turkey’s head.
- Wrap larger remaining brown rectangle around the toilet paper roll and glue the ends together.